Friday, July 1, 2011

FOOD IS IMPORTANT

Important to survive and flourish.


But for many of us it can be our enemy.
I have been on the vicious yo yo diet cycle all my life.
Since I was 8yrs old, food was used to comfort, to feed Boredom, to celebrate, and to socialize.
I've lost hundreds and hundreds of pounds over my life.
I was put on diet pills as a child of 11, from then on I was on every popular diet you can think of.
I would always gain back the weight and then some.
I was never really taught how to really take food as proper fuel.
You know the old phrase "eat to live, not live to eat", well the latter was my motto.
It had to take getting sick with fibromyalgia to bring me to a point of total disgust and frustration with my self. All the different drugs I had to take, feeling like a guinea pig, feeling useless, unproductive, always so tired, and not to mention still in so much pain!
I began to look for another solution to getting my health back.
One day as I was lying in bed ( something I did for almost 2 yrs ) watching a documentary, THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH, my eyes were opened!
 I started to do a lot of reading and research, testing the waters of changing my life for the better.

 Over the recent years between minimising my meds and gradually changing what I eat and how my food is grown and prepared, I am becoming as close as to a new woman I can be at this point in my life.
I enjoy life more, I'm a much more productive person in my family and in my life.   

No comments:

Followers