Thursday, June 16, 2011

WANT TO BE HEALTHY ?

We need to put healthy food and supplements in our bodies.
I try to have at least one green smoothie a day.
I use organic or pesticide free fruits and vegetables.

Whats a green smoothie you say?

 Green Spinach Smoothie
   
ShareThis

Ingredients

At a glance
Equipment
Course
Makes
1 blender full
ShareThis
  • Blender full of baby spinach
  • 2 x frozen bananas
  • Juice of 2 oranges
  • 1 x mango
  • A little water, enough to blend to a good consistency for drinking

Methods/steps

ShareThis
  1. Blend all ingredients together to the desired smoothness.

Additional Tips

Any greens are good in green smoothies and there are as many recipes as there are greens. Take time out to invent your own favourite.


I also make my own kiefer water which is a probiotic  to balance our tummy juices.

Utube has a lot of info on recipes for healthy eating and Smoothies!

I have learned so many things about the "Standered American Diet, SAD"

I don't want to over whelm any one, just take things one at a time.
Do what's comfortable for you.
See how much your MD knows about nutrition and what healthy, natural changes you can make in your diet and supplement regimen.
My Doc turned me on to D-RIBOSE powder.

I also payed attention to my body. If a medication made me too groggy, even if the Dr said" it'll take getting used to it" after a week or two  I would go back and tell him I need to be as alert as possible not a lump on the couch!
Then we'd try something new. You be the boss, IT'S YOUR BODY, YOUR LIFE!
 

No comments:

Followers